Autumn Cleaning – Day 24
Day 24 Whole House – Blinds
1. Dust excess dirt off all blinds both sides.
2. Place towels or drops sheets at the base of the blinds.
3. Half fill a bucket with warm water and a capful of SUGAR SOAP. Place on the towel.
4. Using a small microfiber cloth, dip into warm water, wring out.
5. Starting at the top of the blinds wipe each blade with the damp cloth.
6. If the blinds are very dirty you may need to wipe again.
7. Ensure blinds are wiped dry at the end and have no smears on them.
You can also take the blinds down and soak them in the bathtub(if they fit), or hang them over the clothes line and hose. Hang them on an angle to let the water run off them. When dry, re hang them and check each blade to see if it is clean, and wipe as above if needed.
1. Same as above for Venetian blinds.
2. These blinds also have frames that need to be cleaned of bugs and dust.
Vertical Blinds and Roller Blinds
1. Starting at the top of the blind with the frame, clean the top to remove all dust and grime.
2. Then continue the same as above for Venetian blinds and you are working from top to bottom on each blade.
3. You may need to do some spot cleaning with MULIT-PURPOSE CLEANER.
4. Be careful of the connecting chains.
5. The drawer strings or handle for sliding can also have a wipe over with a damp cloth.
6. On the roller blinds there is a base rail that will need cleaning as well.